The business world is a risky place when it comes to cybersecurity – recent research shows that in the event of one cyber breach, publicly-traded companies can suffer losses totaling an astounding $116 million. It’s never been more important for businesses to prioritize digital security and remain vigilant against potential threats.
Cyber security assessment and management is a critical component of a company’s risk management strategy as well as data protection efforts. It helps an organization to:
1. Understand (assess),
2. Control (manage), and
3. Avoid (mitigate) different forms of cyber risks.
Such risks may include breaches of sensitive data, finances or impact online operations. The most common examples of cyber threats are – Data leaks, ransomware, phishing, malware, etc.
A typical cyber risk assessment involves the identification, estimation, and prioritization of risks.
Why should your organization conduct an assessment?
• Avoid data breach – The best protection against cyber risk is to avoid it from taking place. A data breach could have an impact on a company’s finances and reputation in the market.
• Regulatory compliance – Companies undertake a cyber risk assessment in order to ensure compliance with regulations like HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.
• Reduction of loss – As companies identify the vulnerabilities in their cyber security, they can mitigate them. It helps in reducing the number of losses due to cyber security breaches.
• Avoid downtimes – A business can only earn money when it is working. It has to be available to customers to do so.
Cybecs’ complete Cyber Security Assessment and Management enables companies with:
• Assessment – The nature and scale of cyber security vulnerabilities throughout the organization.
• Identification – Identify the present vulnerability situation. These could be systems and processes or storage of information.
• Evaluation – The impact a cyber-attack may have on your organization’s capabilities and how it could affect the company’s bottom line.
• Planning – Plan for risk monitoring and plan to mitigate risks throughout the organization.
• Compliance – We assist companies to achieve compliance with cyber security regulation.